Forum for Coordination of Energy Stakeholders (FORCES)
- Many Initiatives and Partnerships have different modalities and implementation frameworks –
- Private sector investments;
- The complexities and challenges lead to:
- Duplication of efforts
- Un-coordinated implementation
- High costs of implementation of programs
- Misalignment for priorities of different initiatives
Need for improved coordination frameworks with coherent planning and steering at the national and international levels. Now DABS has created a Forum for Coordination of Energy Stakeholders (FORCES) department. FORCES is a supportive and facilitating coordination platform that aims to link and integrate operations and activities related to the implementation of DABS power sector projects and to facilitate a regular constructive dialogue between the key energy stakeholders
FORCES Department Main Activities
For continuous coordination and collaboration, FORCES has developed three Coordination Task Forces along with independent functions.
- Awareness campaign to all power sector key stakeholders and public on usage of Afghanistan Energy Information Cent DABS project information would be included under AEIC.
- Establishing 3 Task FORCE (i) Renewable Energy Coordination Task Force (ii) Technical Coordination Task FORCES and (iii) Energy Information Sharing Coordination Task Force.
- Organizing FORCES Meetings
- RECTF, TCTF, EISCTF, monthly meetings;
- FORCES Quarterly meetings;
- Executive Level annual/yearly meetings).
Providing minutes of task Forces meetings highlighting issues and solutions, FORCES meetings, Executive level meetings and Afghanistan available energy reports from different resources and Regional and international energy activities.